Like any factory-installed part, your headlights aren’t performing to their maximum potential with the stock glass projector lenses installed. Our line of 100% optically clear lenses is designed to unleash the full amount of light from your projectors, and the range includes a size that covers nearly all original equipment projectors, halogen and HID included.
Engineered to replace Fresnel or diffused lenses of the same size and focus height, the clear lens upgrade will not require major modification to the original headlamp projector to achieve a considerably better light output both in terms of aesthetic appeal and real performance.
The performance benefits from our clear lenses are summarized below.
1) Light Intensity: Put simply, the lens is what projects the light from the bulb onto the ground. The more clarity it has, the more light than can pass through it and onto the road ahead. Factory installed lenses don’t have much clarity.
2) Beam Width: A projector’s beam pattern will dim towards the outer edges naturally. Because a clear lens enhances intensity throughout the entire beam, the very edges of the output will be better lit – giving the effect of increased width.
3) Beam Uniformity: Clear lenses help smooth out the beam by brightening up dark spots to enhance overall visibility.
1) Cutoff Sharpness: The beam pattern definition will be greatly enhanced, with a razor sharp cutoff line to separate the light within the beam pattern from the darkness.
2) Color Flicker: A band of vivid, colorful light will appear along the top of the cutoff line. As this band of light passes in and out of the field of vision of onlookers; your headlights will produce that exotic color-flicker effect that many desire, and often try to imitate with higher-kelvin bulbs.
To select a proper clear lens for your application, you will match the diameter and focus height to the original lens. No Morimoto lens is better than another in terms of performance; it’s all about compatibility. However, all Morimoto lenses are better than OEM lenses.